Friday, March 23, 2007

Nurturing Young Warriors of Light - Sky


When the training of the young warriors started, I did not know what to expect or anticipate. Responsibilities, fatigue and worries of school, team and friends filled my heart. I was not excited to be there, but I decided to push on with Christ as my only motivation.


The first day, and already I felt the full Glory of the kids under my care, shouting, being rebellious, fighting, doing weird things etc. Being my first time to be firm and fierce to kids was a challenge, as I have always been the happy-go-lucky type of person. Kids being kids will always be mischievous thus a balance between having fun and discipline is needed.

There was a time when the situation had become hectic, stressful and our frustrations filled the atmosphere. As Pastor called us to gather, I was expecting a tiresome debrief, but it was just a session to worship. I thank GOD with all my heart, that we were all broken in that small classroom. Crying out, weeping, not one person was excluded. It was not just a recharged in the Spirit and Body. But it was also an affirmation that our GOD is with us!

Through the remaining 2 days, I felt renewed and seeing the kids have under go various activities to bond within their group in unity, cooperation and courage compelled me to bring a smile onto my face. Although it does not always go the way I hope to be but able to bring the kids through every challenge, was a learning experience and challenge for myself as well.


One significant part which I will always treasure is the start of the campfire. I was amazingly touched by my kids whom gave me a card-like paper thanking me, while some kids cried as well. My heart wept softly saying “In the end, it was all worth it.”




Even when the camp took a lot out of me not only my voice. I could not help but feel fulfilled in my heart and spirit. I thank GOD that I was able to impact their lives with not only morals but character, able to bring smiles and laughter into their lives and able to train them to be Warriors of Light.


If I am given the choice to do it again, I will. It was more than just the experience and fun but the transformation in the kids and me as well.

Thank you Lord, for your hand upon us, pulling us through and being the Lord over our lives.

No comments: