Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Genevieve survived!

So, the 4 days camp ended with many a worn out physic, tired expressions and fulfilling days. Everything started off with forseen nostalgia of the ability to stay energetic throughout the whole camp.

Being away from home, was tough and it served as yet another life lesson for me, it’s interesting. The age difference of the many years apart, I can’t help feeling detached from the level where the kids were. With their newfound knowledge of events and issues of life, their characters and emotions can be hard to decipher, differing from the kids that I normally work with.


Many a times, the kids put me in a spot when I have to answer questions regarding their exaggerated fantasized life stories, which makes me mock myself in ridicule for coming out with such a daft answer, that’s totally un-creative. This however made me realize how innocent they were, that many a times things were just too complex for their age to comprehend.

Differing with their extreme difference in personalities, from ultra short attention span, hyperactive personality, mood swings, to difference in enthusiasm, I surrender to the pace I had to keep up with that I didn’t make a difference in their lives to any of them over the days. Simply in a daze most of the time, too sick to notice the rampant changes of my surroundings over the days of games and laughter, it is undeniable however that they exude a comfortable aura with their genuine flow of emotions.

As I sat in to blend in to the welcome session, many were just too shy to bond. However, they never fail to surprise me when some turned into a tyrant overnight.
As the medic, I am intrigued. Some willingly listened to instructions, others simply indignant, but I appreciate how they understood our intentions.
Indulging in the fictional world is nevertheless wonderful, it’s however queer to be snapped back to the fact that they’re kids after all. While some enjoyed the fun and freedom away from home, I hope a life lesson’s gained.


How Sarah hugged me when she realized I was sick, how Darren held my hands when walking through that stretch of rickety-rickety road to Dairy Farm, and making sure I am at the entrance of the Gents with him, I’d take it as, they’d remember us, for long.

As we’re drilled into a series of standards, and forsaken, are the meaningful experience of life. With gratitude and appreciation, I wish these spirited souls perpetual happiness.

No comments: