Friday, March 23, 2007

Samantha's Experience at Survival Camp

At the beginning of the camp, the only emotions i felt were dread and fatigue, the only thing on my mind was to go home to my BEAUTIFUL bed and HOT water with a shower head. I guess it was the selfish nature in me which was taking over and I only thought for my own good and benefit.


But after the first day i saw that the kids were really enthusiastic and I should not be the one to dampen their spirits. I began to understand that I was not going to the camp to enjoy myself but to make the kids enjoy themselves instead. I began to bond with the children and even at times when they started to climb over my head, I took the responsibility of ensuring that they did not go overboard.

By the end of the camp all I felt was pure exhilaration and sheer contentment (besides the exhaustion). The camp has really taught me many things, not only the fundamental basics of looking after children but also the understanding toward situations and the capability to know what is right and setting a good example to the younger generation. It was indeed a fulfilling and enriching experience.

No comments: